DISCOVER SPOT ROBOT
Designed by Boston Dynamics, Spot is a mobile, versatile, nimble four-legged robot
that can operate in a wide variety of environments.
ROBOT FOR INDUSTRIAL INSPECTION
Agile, robust, and versatile, the Spot robot designed by Boston Dynamics excels in autonomous or teleoperated industrial inspection missions, particularly in hostile or hard-to-reach environments.
A MULTIFACETED ROBOT FOR VARIOUS MISSIONS
- Inspection of industrial infrastructures with automated data collection
- Early detection of anomalies (thermal issues, leaks, hotspots, malfunctions, etc.) in equipment
- Site documentation and 3D scanning/reality capture of the site
- Autonomous surveillance patrols and resolution of uncertainties
WHY USE SPOT?
REDUCE MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Reduce the time spent by operators manually collecting data
- Anticipate maintenance activities by identifying failures before they cause downtime
- Avoid manpower shortages
AUTOMATE INSPECTION AND DATA CAPTURE
- Increase the frequency of data collect through automation in order to detect anomalies as early as possible
- Improve your predictive maintenance process (Can be integrated in your Enterprise Asset Management tool) with automated data capture
SECURE AND IMPROVE WORKING CONDITIONS
- Remove operators from risky situations in dangerous or hard-to-reach environments
- Relocate operators on high value-added tasks (analysis, decisions…)
- Remote doubt removal
TYPES OF INSPECTION WITH SPOT
The payloads will enable the Spot robot to perform specific data collection tasks. This data capture can be done autonomously (for example, during a routine mission in a known environment) or teleoperated in an uncertain environment.
It is possible to acquire different types of data during the same mission, provided that the onboard hardware does not exceed 14 kg. These payloads can also be directly powered by the robot.
Spot can navigate and collect data in a completely autonomous way. To do this: the operator performs the circuit once and the robot repeats it as many times as necessary.
From the tablet or a computer, the operator can remotely follow the progress of an autonomous mission. He can also adapt the route in real time in case of unexpected events.
For a 100% autonomous use, it is possible to use the “Spot Dock” self-charging station. In addition to recharging, the robot can transfer data to the dock at the end of an inspection mission.
CUSTOMER USE CASES
WHY WORK WITH INTUITIVE ROBOTS?
Composed by experienced integrators and robotics experts, Intuitive Robots can:
✓ Help you to create and define your use case according to your industrial environment.
✓ Guide you to choose the right payload configuration for your use case.
✓ Develop software and cloud-based solutions to be integrated in your cloud infrastructure.
✓ Provide on-site training and support.
✓ Set up your custom Spot so it’s all ready to go for you out-of-the-box!
Intuitive Robots is committed to providing all its expertise to make your Spot project a success!