THE SPOT ARM
GRASP, LIFT, CARRY, PLACE AND DRAG A VARIETY OF ITEMS
The Spot Arm enables users to act on data insights and perform physical work in people-centric environments. This payload is equipped to operate through both semi-autonomous actions and telemanipulation and can be controlled through the Spot tablet or through the API.
Operators can grasp, lift, carry, place, and drag a variety of items with the arm’s gripper and additional 6-degrees of freedom. Use the in-gripper LED illuminator and 4K RGB camera to inspect objects and equipment before taking action. Semi-autonomously turn valves, flip levers, open doors and manipulate other objects with constrained movement.
The payload comes fully integrated with the robot, and moves and balances with Spot for optimal range of motion and mobility. The arm can be attached to a Spot Explorer or Spot Enterprise robot, and can only be affixed or removed by Boston Dynamics.
- Degrees of Freedom: 6 + gripper
- Length (at full extension): 984 mm
- Mass/Weight (including gripper): 8kg
- Max. Lift Capacity*: Up to 11 kg
- Continuous Lift Capacity* (at 0.5 m extension) : 5kg
- Max. Drag Capacity* (on carpet): Up to 25kg
- Total Mass/Weight: 39,7kg
- Max. Reach Height: 1800 mm
- Operating temp. -20°C to 45°C
- IP: Water and dust resistant
*Payload capacities measured at 22°C
A WIDE VARIETY OF APPLICATIONS